Spring is here!April 8, 2016
Ship’s Store 2016 Catalog is DoneMay 1, 2016
Our new web site is ready to be unleashed on the world!!!
Very shortly, you will get an email with your new user ID and password. Please log into the site and take a look around. Major features of the site are:
- The site has both public content and members-only content. You have to log in with your user id and password to see the members-only content.
- Each club committee head (racing, safety, social, etc) will have his/her own web page and blog for posting news and articles.
- All club events will be visible on the main calendar, AND on the activity-specific page. For example, club social events will be shown on the main club calendar and on the social page.
- We have a direct link to our Facebook page from our web site.
- The ice chest code is listed on the members-only section for easy reference. So, don’t feel guilty about locking the chest after you get your ice.
- Club members can post their own classified ads for buy/sell notices.
- Club members can post comments to our general forum.
- Racing members can post open crew positions.
- A photo gallery page for adding photo albums for club events.
- Ships Store catalog online.
- A contacts page to send emails to various committee heads.
- Past Telltales and past racing results.
- A separate page for each fleet.
- A new Cruising section for you cruisers to organize events.
We have moved most of the content from the current site and will be rolling out additional content as the year goes by.
Any suggestions for content can be sent to publicity (use the contacts page on the new site). Any disparaging remarks should only be made by those who wish to be Publicity Chair next year!!!
Now that you have your boat in the water, please remember to coil your dock lines. We don’t want anyone to trip and have a serious accident.
Also, as always – please be sure to lock the gate at dusk whether you are the last one out or not. This means that you should always have your gate key with you when you are at the club.