ECSC is the home of Flying Scot Fleet 201. The Flying Scot is an extremely stable, yet fun boat to sail. The boat was designed and built by Sandy Douglass. Sandy designed the Flying Scot to be an extremely stable family sailboat. It is a strict one-design boat with little variation from the original boat to modern boats. This has allowed the Scot to become a very competitive racing sailboat. On any given weekend, you can find several regional Flying Scot regattas across the US.
The Flying Scot is currently built by Flying Scot, Inc. We are very fortunate that our boat is actively supported by the builder. Harry Carpenter and his wife Karen traveled to many regatta throughout the year. In 2015, Harry and Karen daughter Carrie and her husband, Tyler Andrews joined the company. Tyler is a long-time member of ECSC. Tyler and Carrie continue the tradition of traveling to Flying Scot regattas to actively support the various fleets.
Fleet 201 is part of the Midwestern District. Our district includes: Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota. We have approximately 7 District regattas per year, plus we attend several neighboring regattas throughout the summer.
If you are looking for an easily towable sailboat with a great and supportive builder and an active national sailing association, please take a look at the Scot.
Fleet 201 2017 Racing Schedule
- May 20-21, 2017: ECSC Mayor’s Cup Regatta
- June 3-4, 2017: Cowan Lake Sailing Assoc – Flying Pig Regatta
- June 10-11, 2017: ECSC Flying Scot Regatta
- June 17-18, 2017: Carlyle Lake Sailing Assoc – Egyptian Cup Regatta
- June 24-29, 2017: Flying Scot Nationals
- July 8-9, 2017: ECSC Regatta & Beach Party
- August 5-6, 2017: Ephraim Yacht Club – 112th Ephraim Regatta
- August 12-13, 2017: Neenah-Nodaway Yacht Club – Midwest District Regatta
- September 16-17, 2017: ECSC Governor’s Cup Regatta
- September 23-24, 2017: Clinton Sailing Assoc – Glow Regatta
- October 14-15, 2017: ECSC Hornback Regatta