It is with a heavy heart we share that the 2020 junior sailing camps have been cancelled. Gathering 40 kids together at any point this summer would pose too large a liability for the club. We have refunded everyone’s money and hope to see them next year.
The ECSC junior sailing team is adhering to the I-LYA and US Sailing guidelines and protocols for COVID19 safety. Marion County is still under a stay-at-home order, so Junior Sailing has not had any official practices yet. We will have more in a report in a few weeks.
I-LYA has cancelled all travelers series in June. Bayweek is also cancelled this year. I have been working with I-LYA, lawyers, and insurance agents in figuring out a path forward.
Sam and Olivia were supposed to have their level one training course in Cleveland, OH, June 1-4 but this has been postponed. We are hoping the Mentor Harbor Junior Olympics will still happen on July 11th/12th.
US Sailing is pushing single-hand racing this year to adhere to the social distancing mandates. This is easy for our laser team. Technically they are allowing 420 racing if you race it single-handed with no jib…
More to come in my report.